iPod Nano

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 25 23:30:36 UTC 2007

Lennart Sorensen wrote:

<snip>
> So yes, UHCI is USB1.  So max 12Mbit speed, which means a bit less than
> 1MB per second transfer speed to an ipod.  That makes loading even an
> old 512MB ipod take quite a while.  A USB2 PCI card is a cheap way to
> solve that.

Okay, I bought the iPod nano (4 GB) today. I didn't bother
buying/installing the USB 2.0 card because three salesmen told me I only
need the 2.0 if I want to load the iPod in 20 minutes instead of 45
minutes. I don't really care - I'm fine loading it in 45 minutes. Unless
they have it wrong. Also, i see on the iPod package it lists "USB 2.0"
under under "Requirements". So, do I /need/ USB 2.0 or not? Remember I'm
in Timmins not Toronto. :)

I plugged it in and it charged up in 1 1/2 hours (not the 3 hours it
warned). I'm going to go through all the emails in this thread again to
what my next step should be.

An 'IPOD' directory showed up on my desktop. It contains four
directories, none of which contain anything I can run or read by simply
clicking on them.

Chris

<snip>