NFS-ssh-iptables

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 19 21:39:03 UTC 2007

FYI,

SSHFS is part of FUSE, which in itself has a bunch of modules that can
do some very nifty tricks:

http://fuse.sourceforge.net/sshfs.html

It's pretty nice when used in conjunction with autofs or something
similar, as well.

As a side-note, does anyone know of any NAS boxes that have decent
linux support? I've got an Airlink Airnas at home, but the firmware
updates still come in windows format (though it uses linux, and can
have an ext2 filesystem onboard), and it doesn't support mount-types
other than SMB.

Personally, I'd like to find one that uses reiserfs/XFS and support
other mount-types. I prefer NAS drives over USB ones as they generally
have the power options to spin-down the disk when not in use.