Can't access my web server

JoeHill joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 19 17:19:50 UTC 2007

James Knott wrote:

> JoeHill wrote:

> >> How did it end up on UDP?
> >>

> > Not sure, really. The interface for the firewall config defaults to TCP, of
> > course. Thing is, whenever my firewall goes down because of a power
> > failure, I have to put the port forwards back in, they're not saved.
> >
> > Anyway, one of those times, in my haste, I must have gotten confused
> > between my webserver and the one that runs bittorrent, and set it to use
> > UDP. Next time I'll be paying closer attention.
> >

> If the firewall/router doesn't save the config, I'd recommend getting
> one that works properly.

Alright, jeez, you guys are worse than my wife! Well, okay, she's never nagged
me to upgrade my firewall... ;)

What's the recommendation, then? I've always leaned toward Smoothwall, but I
hear that a lot of people use IPCop. I've got the machine, an old P2 sitting
here doing nothing. It definitely won't fit where my old one does, but that's
okay, I need to do some reconfiguring anyway, I was actually thinking of going
wireless.

--
JoeHill