Can't access my web server

JoeHill joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 19 05:20:28 UTC 2007

Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 02:36:57PM -0400, JoeHill wrote:
> > Amazingly, so is mine now. Incredible, all I had to do was change the port
> > forward on the router from UDP to TCP.
> >
> > Man I am such an idiot sometimes. Very sorry for the wasted time, but
> > thanks to everyone who helped eliminate all of the possible problems that
> > did not relate to my own stupidity... :-\
>
> How did it end up on UDP?

Not sure, really. The interface for the firewall config defaults to TCP, of
course. Thing is, whenever my firewall goes down because of a power failure, I
have to put the port forwards back in, they're not saved.

Anyway, one of those times, in my haste, I must have gotten confused between my
webserver and the one that runs bittorrent, and set it to use UDP. Next time
I'll be paying closer attention.

--
JoeHill