The last word on MMP?

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 18 05:00:54 UTC 2007

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 06:00:19PM -0400, Christopher Browne wrote

> So yeah, with MMP, we might have a couple Green MPPs that we don't
> have.  The Conservatives would have gained several times that many
> seats.
>
> Anyone that thought that MMP would be a "bonanza" for left-leaning
> representation, and therefore a "good thing," should think twice.

  Errr, uhmmm, I hate to break this to you, but John Tory has a
reputation amongst conservatives as "left-leaning".  The Ontario PC's
keep on electing "Red Tories" as leaders (Miller, Grossman, Eves, and
Tory), and small-c conservative voters stay home leading to Liberal and
NDP governments.  Note the one exception to that list in recent times.
Mike Harris got back-to-back majorities.  When will they learn?

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
Q. Mr. Ghandi, what do you think of Microsoft security?