ping

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 17 12:30:58 UTC 2007

Daniel Son wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Are you able to ping computer1 from computer2 or computer3?
> do you ping computer1 by IP address or by name, and if by name does
> the name resolve properly?
> what does iptables -L say?
I'm okay now. My eth0:1 (LAN) was just Deactivated. I guess all other
pinging worked because eth0 was still Activated.

BTW, here's the output of iptables -L
Anything in there I should be concerned about (having never used that
command)?

[root at p733 chris]# /sbin/iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            reject-with
icmp-host-prohibited

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain RH-Firewall-1-INPUT (1 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere            icmp any
ACCEPT     esp  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     ah   --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             224.0.0.251         udp dpt:mdns
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp dpt:ipp
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:ipp
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:ssh
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            reject-with
icmp-host-prohibited

Chris