OT: Recommendations for ADSL gateway

Meng Cheah meng-D1t3LT1mScs at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 17 23:46:43 UTC 2007

Dave Germiquet wrote:
> Hi I'm using the one I bought from Canada Computers for 20.00 :)
>
> On 10/17/07, Meng Cheah <meng-D1t3LT1mScs at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
>> Dave Germiquet wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>>        I'm using 2wire and and have had no problems with it. It really
>>> depends on your luck, some people have problems as soon as they get it
>>> and they usually can  return it within the 7 day grace period. I
>>> usually get 350-450 per second on torrents.. :)
>>>

>> Just to confirm, are you using the refurbished 2700 from Computers
>> Canada or are you on Bell Sympatico and using the 2701 supplied by them?
>>
>>>        There was a report on it with alot of users commenting on the
>>> device however at this moment I can't find it.
>>>
>>>   There's been some comments on
>>>

>> ???

Thanks for the pointer. I did a search for "2wire canada computers" and
came up the comments.

I reset my gateway once again and it wouldn't connect anymore.
Back to Canada Computers for an exchange, I also bought another unit so
I would have 2 to test.
One unit had an AT&T sticker and the other didn't.
Both work but I can't configure them both.

I think some are defective and some have modified firmware.
 From the comments, many do work and can be configured.
You're lucky that you have a configurable unit :-)
The rep on both occasions did the exchange without question when I said
"It didn't work."
I noticed he took it to the back(where they store the defective units).

I have already returned 2 units to Canada Computers(1 on each occasion)
and will return one of the two that I presently have. I'll keep one unit
for an emergency spare.

Enough is enough.

Many thanks, Dave and Hugh for the help.

Meng