setup remote printer in cups

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 15 15:03:11 UTC 2007

I have a printer attached to PC1.

I print to that printer remotely from PC2.

I want to setup PC3 to print to that remote printer as well. Nothing is
working. I am trying to copy the settings I used (on PC2) to set up
remote printing on PC3. I can only see so many settings in the cups
'printer' on PC1 and PC2 without destroying those 'printers'. Is there a
way to see all the settings I entered when I (successfully) created the
'printers' on PC1 and PC2?

All three PCs are on te Internet and can ping one another. Just to
reiterate, I can print and I can print remotely - I just can't repeat
the steps (to set up a PC to print remotely).

PC1, PC2 ad PC3 are not the real names of the computers - I'm just
trying to make it easy to track things...

Any ideas?

Chris