Can't access my web server

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 15 16:43:03 UTC 2007

JoeHill wrote:
> That's weird, because I can access everything locally, ie. if I point my
> browser at 192.168.0.12 I get the web page, and I can connect over ssh as well,
> by hostname or IP. I hope Teksavvy has not changed their policy and begun
> blocking the lower ports. Would nmap pick that up?

To test that, change your http server to a different port (ie: 88 or
8080) and try 'freeyourmachine.org:88' and see if you get anything.
Failing that, I'd look into something blocking port 80.

"Low" ports are anything under 1024, generally. So I doubt it's that
general a block because if it was, 143 et. al. would not work.

Madi