Can't access my web server

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 15 16:18:12 UTC 2007

On 10/15/07, JoeHill <joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Up until recently I could access my web server no problem, now I get
> 'connection refused'. My site is out of date and quite lame, but it does come in
> handy for other things once in awhile, like sharing stuff that is too big to be
> sent via e-mail.
>
> Of course, the correct port is forwarded, and as far as I can tell the DNS is
> correct. I use Zonedit to maintain the resolution, but now I have a static IP
> so that hasn't been all that necessary to update.
>
> One thing I notice is that when I try a ping, it shows the correct IP, but it
> looks like something in the name Teksavvy uses might be interfering:
>
> [joehill at node1:~>$]ping freeyourmachine.org
> PING freeyourmachine.org (206.248.172.54) 56(84) bytes of data.
> 64 bytes from 206-248-172-54.dsl.teksavvy.com (206.248.172.54): icmp_seq=1
> ttl=64 time=1.15 ms
>
> --- freeyourmachine.org ping statistics ---
> 6 packets transmitted, 6 received, 0% packet loss, time 5016ms
> rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.599/1.401/3.218/0.973 ms
>
> Am I correct in thinking that the problem is the
> '206-248-172-54.dsl.teksavvy.com'? If so, how would I correct that?

The problem is not in that.

nmap gives this:

135/tcp  filtered msrpc
136/tcp  filtered profile
137/tcp  filtered netbios-ns
138/tcp  filtered netbios-dgm
139/tcp  filtered netbios-ssn
445/tcp  filtered microsoft-ds
1025/tcp filtered NFS-or-IIS
5000/tcp filtered UPnP

Looks like that http is not running,

Perhaps it was rebooted for some reason and you have no scripts in
/etc/init.d to restart services like httpd or sshd ?

zb