OT:Tigerdirect.ca prices

Frank erebus-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 14 19:48:18 UTC 2007

Ansar Mohammed wrote:

> Can anyone offer a reasonable explanation as to why prices for the
> same products in Tigerdirect.com are still 25% cheaper than
> tigerdirect.ca? (even before taxes)

My boss (I work in non-high-tech retail) has this theory that due to the
high turnover of product lines in the PC business that in the short term
the prices will be out of whack between the Cdn and US prices, but as
new products arrive (most things seem to have 3 month or less retail
life before being replaced IMHO) they will be more and more
competitively priced in Canada. The problem is that current stock was
ordered months ago when the exchange rate was bad.

Frank in Mississauga