UPS deliveries

Gary Layng glayng-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 14 16:34:29 UTC 2007

On Friday 12 October 2007 18:01, Christopher Browne wrote:
> On 10/12/07, Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > James Knott wrote:
> > > You might be charged GST and if that, also the post office storage
> > > charge.  If it comes by UPS, you'll be hit with an obscene "border
> > > broker" fee.
> >
> > Thanks to the competition from FedEx, UPS seems to handle border
> > shipments roughly the same way now. I've received some shipments from
> > the US that were not accomapnied by the old traditional "we're holding
> > your package hostage at the border" scenario.
>
> That's hopeful, though I won't believe it until I actually see it.  I
> have had too many cases of paying UPS more "ransom" than my goods were
> worth...

I haven't accepted shipping through USP for years now.  If a U.S. supplier
tries using these thieves and they in turn ask me for brokerage fees, I
instruct UPS to either waive the brokerage fees or return the product from
whence it came.  I then contact the supplier and notify them of the issue.
--
there's no place like 127.0.0.1