ISP woes

Kareem Shehata kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 14 12:29:46 UTC 2007

Executive Summary
Short term:  Push on Primus that your configuration is just fine and that
it's a problem with the line, they need to open a ticket with Bell.
Long term: (as everyone else has pointed out) if they won't take support
seriously, then take your business elsewhere.  There are many DSL providers,
you don't have to stick with them.

Longer Version:
I've had similar problems with my connection.  I'm a Sentex subscriber, and
the connection would just drop intermittently.  Sometimes it would come back
in minutes, other times it would be out for hours, and then it would just
come back.  While Sentex didn't blame "Linux" they did claim that it was
most likely my router and they were pretty good about helping to debug it.
The proof came when right after the connection dropped, a Dell D810 running
XP plugged straight into the modem couldn't connect despite the presence of
the ADSL light.  Sentex put in a ticket to Bell, and the problem
disappeared.  On following up, it sounded like they just tinkered with the
DSLAM profile.  It's not the first time that's happened.

Good luck!

-kms