ISP woes

Marc Lijour marc-bbkyySd1vPWsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 13 22:01:09 UTC 2007

On October 13, 2007 10:46:08 am Neil Watson wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 06:59:30AM -0400, Scott Allen wrote:
> >On Fri Oct 12,2007 10:23:34 AM Neil Watson wrote:
> >>Yesterday morning my DSL connection (formerly Magma now Primus)
> >>began disconnecting randomly after only a few minutes of connection
> >>time.
> >
> >I'm having the exact same problem with a Bell Sympatico Business High
> >Speed Ultra DSL link. It's been occuring since Wed. Oct. 10 at 8:14PM
> >and still not resolved.
>
> What area of the city do you live in?  I'm in north east Markham.

I jump in. I live near lawrence and victoria park, at 5km from the CO at least
until last year. I don't know what happened to the infrastructure but now I
get the full high speed service.

The other day I call Magma (Primus) for a lock up. I told them I am using
Linux and it was fine. The problem has been fixed by rebooting the dsl modem.

Good luck!