OT: Recommendations for ADSL gateway

Meng Cheah meng-D1t3LT1mScs at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 13 16:15:43 UTC 2007

Hi

I've posted to the hardware list and am posting here for more potential
"help" :-)

My Speedtouch 546 gateway has "died".
I cannot login to it; it will not answer.
I also cannot reset it to "factory settings".
I'm using an old Speedtouch 510 modem right now.

A new Speedtouch 546 will cost about $150(inc. shipping and taxes).
I'm considering alternatives, especially after seeing the Bell Sympatico
2Wire 2701HG gateway (with wireless).
I need an ADSL gateway (modem-cum-router).

Has anyone any recommendations or should I stick with the Speedtouch 546?

Thanks.

Meng