Ordering from Amazon.COM (USA)

Salman Ahmed fia_wrc_fanatic-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 13 03:17:17 UTC 2007

--- Meng Cheah <meng-D1t3LT1mScs at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> You may also want to compare shipping costs ($4.99/shipment, $3.99/item
> for amazon.com vs $3.95/shipment and $1.95/item for amazon.ca), assuming
> $Can=$US.
>
> My brother who used to buy from amazon.com, claimed that he has not been
> charged for GST in the past.
> He now buys from amazon.ca.
>
> I think it depends on the particular books you want.
> Eg. Naomi Klein's "The Shock Doctrine" is $16.80 (40% off from
> amazon.com) and $18.48 (50% off from amazon.ca).
>
> Meng

The main reason I am considering ordering from the US is availability of a specific
book title:

http://tinyurl.com/yuht7t
Applied Cryptography: Protocols, Algorithms, and Source Code in C, 2nd Edition
by Bruce Schneier

The above book is not available through amazon.ca as a new book order but is readily
available through amazon.COM.

Otherwise I'd be shopping from amazon.ca in a heartbeat.

Regards,