Ordering from Amazon.COM (USA)

Salman Ahmed fia_wrc_fanatic-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 13 03:12:23 UTC 2007

--- James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> You might be charged GST and if that, also the post office storage
> charge.  If it comes by UPS, you'll be hit with an obscene "border
> broker" fee.

I hope they provide the option to ship via USPS (US Postal Service). I've had very
good experiences when receiving shipments from the US using USPS. They don't charge
a brokerage fee - at least they haven't in the past.

In any event, I'll be expensing this book order through my employer so let them
charge me a brokerage fee if they wish! :)