Ordering from Amazon.COM (USA)

Salman Ahmed fia_wrc_fanatic-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 13 03:07:02 UTC 2007

--- Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> That might have been me. It was convenient in that I am visiting family
> in the US next week and simply instructed amazon.com to ship my books
> there. Having said that, I did note that amazon.com did list shipping
> prices to Canada (and the free shipping deals don't apply to Canada.)
>
> Books coming here from the US may be intercepted by customs; while they
> will not charge duty they may require the payment of GST on the order.
> (But then if you were ordering from amazon.ca you'd have to pay that
> anyway.)
>
> - Evan

Thanks for clarifying - I figured that the free shipping deals wouldn't
apply to us.
Oh well, they have a better selection and availability than amazon.ca.

In the past I've been able to take advantage of friends & family
traveling to/from the US but this time it seems I'll have to pay for S&H.

Regards,