The last word on MMP?

Ian Petersen ispeters-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 12 23:02:01 UTC 2007

On 10/12/07, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> So yeah, with MMP, we might have a couple Green MPPs that we don't
> have.  The Conservatives would have gained several times that many
> seats.

Well, that assumes that people would have cast both votes for the same
party, which might be the majority position but without an actual MMP
election, it's hard to predict the real outcome.  I didn't read the
article you mentioned, though, so maybe the seat-counts you're
mentioning were so overwhelming that even a few "conflicted" voters
wouldn't have made a difference.

Ian

--
Tired of pop-ups, security holes, and spyware?
Try Firefox: http://www.getfirefox.com