question about laptop fan

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 12 21:16:22 UTC 2007

Can you get at the fan? How about just giving it a good dose of
compressed air to blow the crud out?

Every now and then I pull the fan covers off my laptop (unlike many
tough it's got an easily removable cover) and blow the fans out plus
use tweezers to yoink the various bits of cat-hair etc that have tried
to wind themselves around the fans. Not sure if that's so easy on the
IBM, but in some cases you could still likely pull out the bigger
bits.