ISP woes

Neil Watson tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 12 14:23:34 UTC 2007

Yesterday morning my DSL connection (formerly Magma now Primus) began
disconnecting randomly after only a few minutes of connection time.
This is still happening now.  I called Primus and they were very
unhelpful bordering on abusive.  The agent told me that since the DSL
modem stayed in sync during my disconnects the problem must be because
I'm using Linux.  I explained to the agent that I have not performed any
updates on the system that would coincide with the problem but there was
no change in attitude.  Additionally, I have rebooted the modem,
rebooted my computer and found no Ethernet errors.  Yet the problem
persists and my ISP has currently washed their hands of it, although a
supervisor is supposed to call me back when they get it a noon.

Any suggestions?

--
Neil Watson             | Debian Linux
System Administrator    | Uptime  10:11:01 up  1:26,  5 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.06, 0.02