Parallel port through the network?

John Sellens jsellens-Iv5KO+h6AVB+Y12zHexnB0EOCMrvLtNR at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 11 20:24:38 UTC 2007

I would think you should be able to use some invocation of netcat
and a named pipe.  With perhaps a wrapper script that does the
mknod if needed and then runs netcat with the right args (I've
sometimes run into problems where netcat exits after one connection
rather than hanging around as I wanted it to).

There is the Aten IC-164 parallel extender that claims up to 1200 feet
over RJ11 cable. e.g.  http://www.lextec.com/ven_at_switch.html
which might be simpler?  (And there are probably others of course.)

Hope that helps ...

John