[OT]: Poll: How'd you vote? (And why I'm asking...)

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 10 22:26:13 UTC 2007

On 10/10/07, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I didn't vote (because I am not allowed to). :)

Interesting. Dosay why if you do not want. Just wonder why you are not
allowed to? No citizenship? Not allowed to have second citizenship by
your first country? Or simply did not care to have one? You are so
long on this list that I believe that you are likely to be allowed to
apply.

Wonder also is the voting in provincial elections allowed to Canadian
citizens only? Or is it allowed to permanent residents as well? I
remember that I have been plesently surptised when living legally in
Holand that I was allowed to participate in some sort of local
elections (over 13 years ago).

> Not sure who my wife voted for in the end.  I suspect she voted against
> the MMP idea though given she seems to find many lacking details about
> it (which is certainly true).

I voted against Mixed system in referendum but absteined from
participation in elections: am just over one yar in Pickering and
weakly know candidates. In any case, I would have a hard choice
because do not like either major party while do not see much sense in
voting for a small one. Thats another reason why I would prefer Mixed
system not introduced - because I would feel than that I voting even
more for a party, not a candidate.

zb.