[TLUG-ANNOUNCE]: Election Results

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 10 16:07:10 UTC 2007

On October 10, 2007 10:37:33 am qwerty172-wzCN7aUSXSrQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org wrote:
> The election of the new board members took place last night at the
> annual general meeting.
>
> The results are Seneca Cunningham, Chris Browne, and Gordon Chillcott
> have been elected to the vacant positions.
>
> Bill

Certainly the most transparent election I've seen in a while... Maybe I
haven't been reading my inbox enough, I could well have missed the
announcement. Busy with school and work and all. Can't make it out to
the meetings much, maybe that's where stuff like this is announced?

But time for the once yearly "I haven't paid my $20 so maybe I'm not
being informed of these annual meetings and elections, but I don't want
to pay $20 because I can't see it being used in a transparent and
participatory manner" post.

Guess I just don't see there being any clear leadership or common
mission/goals to really unite everyone. Sure geek social is fun, don't
get me wrong, but it always seems like we could be doing so much more
as a group with a common interest and mad skillz. And if more is
already being done, then maybe communicating that?

Jamon