FPTP vs MMP

Neil Watson tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 9 19:15:35 UTC 2007

Just as an aside, it's nice to see that we can have a spirited political
debate with, thus far, no flame wars.  That is rare on any mailing list.

No voting system is currently truly democratic.  It if were we would
need no leaders.  We would all vote on each policy presenter.  But that
is a theoretical debate.  Is the newer system better or worse than the
current system?  It is difficult to say.  Each system has its flaws.
The current system has had a good run but, might it be time to at try
something new?  There is always room for improvement.

Just remember, while we are debating whether or not our voting system
needs improvements people in other countries are literally dying to get
the chance to vote.  Life could be worse.

--
Neil Watson             | Debian Linux
System Administrator    | Uptime 25 days