FPTP vs MMP

John McGregor mr.mcgregor-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 9 18:36:47 UTC 2007

Something else about this proposal that has begun to irk me a great deal
is that nothing has been delineated about how the electorate, you, me
and every other eligible voter in the province, can get rid of MMP after
the fact if it gets voted in and turns out to be a disaster. I some how
doubt that any politicians that have benefited from the MMP system are
going to readily agree to another referendum to remove it. This type of
one sided agreement that we are to decide on tomorrow looks very much
like a shrink wrap license to me.

John