FPTP vs MMP

Ivan Avery Frey ivan.frey-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 6 23:21:15 UTC 2007

Fringe parties will only get appalling amounts of power if the larger
parties allow them to.

European governments have governed by coalitions for years and years.
Has there been gridlock? NO!

Heck! There is a minority government in power now in Ottawa. Is there
gridlock? NO!

It's funny how Europe with all its supposed weaknesses was able to
deliver and defend its anti-trust decision against MS.

Comparisons have been made with Italy and Israel.

For all the electoral turmoil that has gripped Italy in its first forty
years, one thing does stand out: the Christian Democrats have held the
key posts of Defence, Interior and others (which I forget).

Yes, I agree, democracy is messy. Well dictatorship isn't.

Ivan.