starcraft

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 3 22:02:14 UTC 2007

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 04:02:49PM -0400, jing wrote:
>
>> Have you tried ripping the Starcraft CD as an ISO and mounting the ISO
>> file so you don't need the disc anymore?
>>

> Hmm, I imagine that would work fine.  I don't recall it using any copy
> protection on the disc itself.

Yeah, I've already burnwed a copy of my son's (it's getting old) - it
works fine.

Now, to get full screen working in the vm:

Unable to turn on direct graphics.
Your guest's depth (8) doesn't match your host's (24).  Fullscreen may
have failed because your XF86Config file lacks modes for depth 8.
Either add the modes to XF86Config, or switch your guest's depth to
match your host's to enable fullscreen mode.
Failed to switch to full screen SVGA mode.

How should I go about this? I don't want to go the ham-fisted route this
time. I was asking in an earlier email in this thread how to get my
Hardware Browser back - does anyone know? I'm missing a few things on my
menus - like monitor resolution selector (no idea what it's called)...

Chris
> I remember the box came with 3 different covers available.  I believe
> my copy has the protos on it.

I bought the "Battle Chest" today - Starcraft, Expansion: Broodwar, and
the two guides (books) for them.

Chris