cacti and VolGroup

Kihara Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 3 12:51:52 UTC 2007

Hallo,

I have a server that I want to use cacti to monitor the hard disk
usage. The problem is, I can't seem to find any helpful information
out there on how to graph disk space for a system that uses VolGroup.
(see below)

My question is, have someone here attempted this? Is it possible? Is
there some documentation on how to do it out there that I could have
missed? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards
William

[root at washington ~]# df -h
/dev/mapper/VolGroup_ID_32310-LogVol1
                      2.0G  238M  1.7G  13% /
/dev/sda3             190M   14M  167M   8% /boot
none                  972M     0  972M   0% /dev/shm
/dev/mapper/VolGroup_ID_32310-LogVol2
                     1008M   34M  924M   4% /tmp
/dev/mapper/VolGroup_ID_32310-LogVol5
                      9.9G  3.3G  6.2G  35% /usr
/dev/mapper/VolGroup_ID_32310-LogVol4
                      116G  685M  109G   1% /var
/dev/mapper/VolGroup_ID_32310-LogVolHome
                      4.4G  552M  3.6G  14% /home