Learning to Program

tleslie tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 2 15:48:32 UTC 2007

There are two things you can do immediately,
volunteer in a shop,
I have "hired" on about 9 volunteers over the years
and passed employment onto 8 out of nine of them.
Typical volunteer periods of 4  months, i.e.
get teeth into a decent sized project, and to
be able to prove your worth.

You can also bid on a job board, i.e.
"get a  freelancer . com "  or the others,
if you are willing to work for escrowed funds
released on clients satisfaction,
then you simply have to low bid ,
and you can be working for $$$$ tomorrow.
You can bid and take on small jobs,
pretty much in any programing facet.
you will eventually grow out
of board bid freelancing as
its slightly above slave labour on the evolution chain,
but it will serve the purpose, you will get work,
and you'll get it as quick as you need, at a cost
of only get remunerated at 10$/hr? 15$/hr 6$/hr .... it varies.

-tl