[SOLVED] Problems with sound

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 2 00:58:04 UTC 2007

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 09:22:18AM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote
> On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 12:18:09PM -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
> >   After the umpteenth repetition of kernel-rebuild/reboot/alsaconf, alsa
> > has mysteriously started working again (mpg123, mplayer, audacious, etc).
> > The only thing that I did differently was to...
> >
> >   - remove kernel-based alsa support entirely (not even built as a module)
> >     in favour of alsa-driver and rebooted.
>
> Makes it sound like your userspace alsa and the kernel stuff wasn't the
> same version.

   I did check that at your suggestion.  After the first try, I had
alsa-utils-1.0.14 installed and "cat /proc/asound/version" returned the
same version number.

> No gcc does what it is told.  Make tries to be efficient.

  Does "make mrproper" zap the .config file?  I realize it would force a
full rebuild rather than an incremental build, but there may be a few
situations where you need exactly that.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
Q. Mr. Ghandi, what do you think of Microsoft security?