Asus Eee (low cost notebook) pre-oder offer sighted

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 1 14:02:44 UTC 2007

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 09:33:17AM -0400, Giles Orr wrote:
> I heard (or read, I don't even remember anymore) that Canadian/U.S.
> price differences are likely to persist for months, even if the loonie
> stays equal to the U.S. dollar.  Vendors in Canada don't want their
> prices to fluctuate with the dollar because that would probably upset
> people even more than a price that's simply higher.  So the vendors
> favour themselves by keeping the price high.  Think about how this
> would look with big ticket items: "But ... I was on the lot yesterday,
> and the Corvette was $77,000!"  "Well sir, the Canadian dollar went up
> by half a point last night, so now it's $83,000.  You could always
> come back tomorrow ..."

If the car comes from the US and the canadian dollar went up, the price
of the car should be lower and the customer should be happy with the new
lower price.

Of course people with inventory already paid for the stuff, and don't
want to lower the price for stuff they already bought since that cuts
into profits quite badly.

--
Len Sorensen