Learning to Program

Alexander Short Alexander.Short-V7Ve2fXh0sTQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 1 12:54:43 UTC 2007

VMWare has a free server that then you can install whichever linux dist you want even from CD and learn the ins and outs of installing and configuring that way.  I'm in disbelief that you can't afford a linux box; as my linux box is a p3-700 that I was given 7 yrs ago from my last workplace.  A similar box could probably be found for under $50.  The other method is sign up for cheap webhosting that includes terminal access.