your chance to buy an HP desktop without MS Windows!

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 30 06:16:10 UTC 2007

Canada Computers is selling refurb desktops without MS Windows.  A
reasonable dual-core Athlon 64 is $284.99 today (after today, $299.99).
 http://www.canadacomputers.com/main.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=016399&cid=170.45

I've bought "debranded" refurb HPs without a MS Windows license.  They
worked well.  I've never seen branded ones without the license.

Without MS Windows, it is tough to apply firmware updates.  HP supplies
them as MS Windows executables, not as DOS ones.  Grrr.