Security considerations for EEE PC

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 26 12:42:16 UTC 2007

On Monday 26 November 2007 00:40:58 Walter Dnes wrote:

> http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=3687

Yup, also concerning for me is that there don't seem to be a lot of updates
offered.

Samba 3.0.24 has some rather serious security issues, 3.0.25 came out 6 months
ago and additional updates have come out since.  They may be backporting
patches but I should still have seen an update within the past week I would
have hoped.  I expect there are other updates not in there samba just jumped
out at me because of it's recent history.

Offering a simple firewall configuration GUI would have been a helpful option
as well ... I don't recall seeing one.

On the plus side the device is completely open so there are no hacks needed to
blast your own OS onto it.  I just don't feel like losing their interface (I
don't use it but it's interesting for people to whom I show the device).

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org>
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada