Recommendation on Barebone kit reseller

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 23 19:23:07 UTC 2007

On November 23, 2007 02:10:19 pm Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 12:52:32PM -0500, Daniel Wayne Armstrong
wrote:
> > Canada Computers is good... and if you are shopping around
> > College/Spadina check out Filtech Computers -
> > http://www.filtechcomputer.com/ - good prices and helpful staff...
>
> Well the web site sure is crappy.  What a lousy interface.  Canada
> computers is much easier to search and filter and sort with (and
> looks better too although that isn't important).  And putting a price
> of $call is not acceptable.  They should know what it costs right now
> even if they don't have any.  I hate calling places on the phone.

That's the charm of Filtech. The storefront is dumpy as is their
website. But the people there are fantastic! Filtech is more about
going and having a chat with a friendly geek who knows everything about
what you're looking for.

I even walked out with a brand new 1U Opteron server one day, just
because they had one and know me on sight :) People say the same thing
about Sonnam, so it's all a matter of finding a store around the area
that works for you. Kinda like the local watering hole that only you
and your buddies know about.

Jamon