OO 2.0 .odt is zip?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 23 14:10:00 UTC 2007

On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 06:35:02PM -0500, Chris Aitken wrote:
> If this turns out ot be a BIG OO question then I'll re-join their list
> and ask there. I thought I'd start here in case it's an easy fix.
>
> On my computer I have OO 2.3. I save a file as an .odt and that's it -
> no problem. On my wife's computer (OO 2.0) I Save As .odt and it comes
> out as a 'zip archive' fle (?) containing directories (?) of things like
> 'Thumbnails', and files such as whatever.xml). Why is the OO 2.0 doing
> this? I just want to save and open docs as simple .odt's. The zip
> archive has an icon of a box. If I right-click the "file" it identifies
> itself as an .odt but also identifies itself as a zip archive file.

The odt file format IS a zip file containing things like the xml data,
the images, the thumnails, etc.  It's supposed to be that way.  If your
filemanager happens to decide that because ti looks like a zip file it
should treat it like one, well then your filemanager has the problem,
not OO.

--
Len Sorensen