just when I think I am out, they pullllll me back in! - [Or how blackberry is making my linux life difficult!]

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 23 00:07:41 UTC 2007

On Thursday 22 November 2007 12:22:28 ted leslie wrote:

> I am surprised the BB itself doesnt have some software that would allow me
> to see corp. cals on the device (i have looked and found none).

If your company has blackberry enterprise server (BES) then your calender
should sync automatically to your BB.  Add an appt via blackberry and it's
stored in exchange / visible to outlook, works great for me ... perhaps by
corp calendar you mean seeing other people's calenders???

> Does any linux project work with the corp. cal protocol?

Not that I've seen.  A few years ago I was using evolution with exchange
plugin, it worked poorly when it worked at all ... it actually talks with
exchange using Outlook Web Access.

Outlook Web Access might be a reasonable alternative for you to using outlook
directly.

Perhaps Evolution has improved these days ... I might give it a try again.

> If i could even hack together some code that just queried the
> BES and got a list of my colleagues meeting times, thats all I need,
> that is, I need to know when they are in meeting (that I am not),
> so I don't schedule a meeting they would be in conflict of.

Ahh, for that I use Outlook, never tried directly on the BB.  I'd think OWA
probably sucks for this as well.

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org>
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada