just when I think I am out, they pullllll me back in! - [Or how blackberry is making my linux life difficult!]

ted leslie tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 22 17:22:28 UTC 2007

My companies blackberry enterprise server, seems to be
putting a requirement on me that I install XP (or vista), and get Outlook Express
(and some SP level and stuff), to work with corporate calendars on the BES server.

I so don't want to go there.

Does anyone on the list know anything about corp. calendars? (and i guess the MS flavour of them?)

I am surprised the BB itself doesnt have some software that would allow me to see corp. cals
on the device (i have looked and found none).

Does any linux project work with the corp. cal protocol?
If i could even hack together some code that just queried the
BES and got a list of my colleagues meeting times, thats all I need,
that is, I need to know when they are in meeting (that I am not),
so I don't schedule a meeting they would be in conflict of.

Sorry for the Pacino GF quote, but installing MS OS and OE,
I would truly feel like I am getting pulled back in to the syndicate.

--
ted leslie <tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org>