question about ptrace

jim ruxton cinetron-uEvt2TsIf2EsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 22 17:37:51 UTC 2007

Hi I'm using Kubuntu gutsty and having problems with Ekiga ( a VOIP
application) . I've been communicating with the developer and trying to
figure out why. When I run it with debugging flag set ie
ekiga -d 4
the developer says that the ptrace info isn't showing up. Does anyone
know if ptrace is available for kubuntu or how to start it. I can't find
it on my system although I have ptrace.h . I'm lost as to how ptrace
actually works. Thanks for any help.
Jim