Rogers and IP addresses

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 22 16:39:31 UTC 2007

On November 22, 2007 11:18:46 am Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 09:09:21AM -0500, Brandon Sandrowicz wrote:
> > I knew someone that had rogers, the speed was awesome to USENET
> > servers like Giganews... 2 simultaneous streams of at ~400kb/s were
> > possible.  It *is* possible to saturate the connection on rogers.
>
> I frequently saturate the link doing apt-get dist-upgrade from
> ftp.ca.debian.org which is one of the few good things about the
> rogers connection.

mirror.peer1.net is 4 hops away for Teksavvy customers, it is a
fantastic mirror. debian.yorku.ca is a good too, and you avoid the
gulus.usherbrooke.ca mirror which comes up sometimes for
ftp.ca.debian.org since it is usually horrendously slow.

The nrc mirror is decent though, and I like using it just to ensure that
the nrc don't stop offering the mirror.

Jamon