Need a Tutor for gimp

Dave Mason dmason-bqArmZWzea/GcjXNFnLQ/w at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 22 15:04:31 UTC 2007

> I can only hope one day GIMP comes with a complete scripting language
> where one can manipulate images by writing programs.

Script-fu is Scheme - arguably an ideal language for scripting purposes.
See:
   http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-scripting.html

Here's another tutorial for Gimp 1.1.24 but probably still applicable:
   http://www.seul.org/~grumbel/gimp/script-fu/script-fu-tut.html

There is also python-fu - search for Script in
   http://docs.gimp.org/2.2/en/gimp-introduction-history-2-0.html
It looks like python-fu may not yet be full-feature, but is on its way
to being so and may well do what you need.

../Dave