slave drive mounting where?

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 21 23:09:16 UTC 2007

Jamon Camisso wrote:

<snip>
> Try running "mount" with no options,
[root at p733 chris]# mount
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 on / type ext3 (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
/dev/sda2 on /boot type ext3 (rw)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)
sunrpc on /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw)

WHy the %$# is /bckupdrv not showing. I created that as the mountpoint
for /dev/sdb1 in some gui partitioner a few weeks ago. /bckupdrv shows
up in nautilus (File Browser) - I assumed it was the mountpoint for
/dev/sdb1 as that is what I instructed the gui partitioner to do.
>  that will show all the mounted
> devices. Then try "df -h", that will show you the space usage on your
> mounted devices.

[root at p733 chris]# df -h
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
                       14G   13G  445M  97% /
/dev/sda2              92M   19M   69M  21% /boot
tmpfs                 188M     0  188M   0% /dev/shm

Again, where /is/ it?

Chris