slave drive mounting where?

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 21 22:25:22 UTC 2007

My hard drive is filling up at an alarming rate since I started using
the iPod. I thought I was ready for this when, as dfew weeks  ago, I
thought I formatted a separate drive (/dev/sdb) to store .ogg's. It was
to mount on /bckupdrv. Now I'm getting conflicting information:

[root at p733 chris]# /sbin/fdisk -l /dev/sdb

Disk /dev/sdb: 10.0 GB, 10005037056 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 1216 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

/dev/sdb1               1        1216     9767488+  83  Linux
[root at p733 chris]# df /dev/sdb1

-                       192016       140    191876   1% /dev

[root at p733 chris]#

It looks like the 10 GB drive is there, but why is it saying it is
mounted on /dev?

THe bottom line is I want to make sure I am saving .ogg's to the
separate slave drive not my primary drive.

How can I verify this?

Chris