RAM for Ubuntu

Jim Robinson jamesr-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 21 04:41:34 UTC 2007

JoeHill wrote:
> Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>

>> On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 07:19:45PM -0500, Chris Aitken wrote:
>>
>>> Okay, I'm downloading the iso now - thanks.
>>>
>> You don't have to reinstall you can just ask ubuntu to install xfce if
>> you want to try that (I personally found it rather unpleasant to work
>> with and gave up on it).
>>

> Blashphemy! XFCE is without faults...it is perfection. Soon all will know its
> power and glory.
>
> Bow down now and accept salvation.

Personally, I have Xubuntu and Ubuntu on different systems, overall I
prefer Xubuntu on the less powerful systems as it seem to more
responsive. Yes both  will run in 256MB but Ubuntu seems to a lot slower .

I believe the comments on the Ubuntu refer to the install CD /Live CD,
because there is an alternative CD that will load using a Text -based
installer , that will load on 128MB system.

Best Wishes
Jim R.