Need a Tutor for gimp

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 20 18:47:34 UTC 2007

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007, Kevin Morris wrote:

> Hi, Wow! never knew there is something like GIMP out there...I am new to

Hi Kevin.  I'm glad you posted this comment.  The GIMP is a fantastic
tool.  I've talked to many graphics artists who use it and they have
uniformly high praise for it.  The GIMP has been around for a long time
and is a great example of a polished OSS application.

Despite all this only a minority of graphics artists know about The GIMP.
The GIMP has an advertising problem :)

> web design and I am trying to create a gradient background image for a
> site I am developing. Will I be able to do this in GIMP. Any suggestions
> or tips?

I'm sure I've seen gradient backgrounds in there.

Cheers,

Rob

--
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine..."
 	-- RFC 1925 "The Twelve Networking Truths"