Keyboards

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 16 16:16:20 UTC 2007

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 11:52:50PM -0500, Christopher Browne wrote:
> Several merits...
>
> 1.  Good quality, good feel; better than the usual stuff you see.
>
> 2.  Compact.  By eschewing unnecessary keys, it's very small, but
> nonetheless is NOT undersized.
>
> 3.  Control key is where it's supposed to, replacing what is typically
> caps lock.
>
> 4.  There is no Caps Lock key.

Just tell X to remap the keys and then you don't have to worry about it.

And besides to my hands the control key belongs at the bottom left of
the keyboard, and the caps lock key is just an area I never touch.  I
guess that gives the advantage that I can type on most keyboards without
too much trouble (except those that put the backslash at the left end of
the enter key causing a very strange enter key shape, which means all
my enters become backslashes and my backslashes become backspace which
is very annoying.)

--
Len Sorensen