XP/Ubuntu dual-boot

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 16 15:36:02 UTC 2007

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 11:01:01AM -0500, James Knott wrote:
> Some systems, when rebuilt from the "rescue partition" will erase the
> entire hard drive. I don't believe this applies to the retail version,
> beyond the boot loader issue.

Restore disks have always had a tendancy to be written by complete
idiots.  Some certainly seem to expect that they will only be used by
people that can't follow any instructions or be expected to answer any
questions correctly.

Restore disks are NOT the windows installer either.

Some restore disks do allow you to leave other partitions alone, but
certainly not all of them do.

--
Len Sorensen