portrait mode monitor

Interlug Lists interluglists-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 15 21:47:05 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm messing with my monitor setup.  I've been running dual-head for a
while and like it.  Now I'm messing with quad-head, and have the
basics working.  As part of my fooling around with this stuff I'd like
to get the monitors to work in portrait mode.  That is, with the long
axis of the monitor vertical.  Mechanically, this s not a problem, but
I'm not having any luck with the video driver / configuration for
this.

Any tips on getting portrait mode to work?  Am I limited to specific
drivers / resolutions / specialty cards / invocations and sacrifices?

My video cards are ATI radeons:
#0 and #1 agp

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV350 AQ [Radeon 9600]

#2 and #3 pci

02:06.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon RV100
QY [Radeon 7000/VE]

Double bonus points to anybody who can point me towards the way to get
CONSOLE / non GUI mode working in portrait mode as well.  ;-)

Best regards,
Richard.