iPod Nano

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 15 21:10:49 UTC 2007

Brandon Sandrowicz wrote:
> Run a `df -h` in the terminal.  It will list all the mounted
> filesystems and their disk usages.  IIRC, it also lists the filesystem
> types for the volumes too.  That should tell you if your ipod is
> mounted FAT32 (vfat) or HFS+ (hfsplus).

Well, /that's/ a helpful command:

[chris at p733 ~]$ df -h
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
                       14G   13G  1.2G  92% /
/dev/sda2              92M   19M   69M  21% /boot
tmpfs                 188M     0  188M   0% /dev/shm
/dev/sdd1             3.7G   22M  3.7G   1% /media/IPOD_

I see the iPod mount point has an underscore at the end (which doesn't
show up in gui things like nautilus, the IPOD icon on the Desktop, and
the Volume name in Properties (right-clicking the IPOD icon on the
Desktop)). So, I've now added the underscore to the end of the
mountpoint name in Edit iPod Properties in gtkpod - it's now /media/IPOD_

In gtkpod, I hit Load iPod(s) > Save Changes. Then I unmounted the iPod,
detached the USB cable, and the iPod menu still shows 'No Songs' under
'Songs'.

This is getting tiresome.

Chris